Register Today, Start Class as soon as you are ready!
The EMR on Demand courses are just that. Register for our On Demand Initial EMR course today and you can start your online course without having to wait! 10 Weeks later and a lot of hard work, you are done!
The start date for the On Demand courses are based on the student needs and availability.
Essential Information about this course:
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- Students must choose a date to start class within 7 days of registering for class, and start the EMR class within 14 days of registering.
- The end date of the course will be based on the date you start your course. The 10 Week EMR Course On Demand will end approximately 10 weeks from the first day of class.
- To complete this course, students must successfully complete all grading components, meet psychomotor competencies, and meet cognitive objectives.
The following items must be completed on Day 1 at our facility, in order to successfully navigate this EMR Class. Please allow approximately 4 hours minimum to complete the first day:
- Registration and enrollment to the online course materials
- Instruction on use of the online course materials
- Blood Borne Pathogens course
- AHA BLS CPR
Students will have daily online course work to complete. Students will need a portable computer for the first day of class, but, we can make arrangements, if a computer is needed for the first day. The remaining assignments are done at home and an internet speed capable of video streaming is required.
Students must make arrangements to attend skill labs on a weekly basis. Students must come to our facility not less than 4 hours per week to complete psychomotor lab requirements and can be done in no less than 2 hour blocks, but, no more than 4 hour blocks. Arrangements for this will be made on the first day of the course.
The Emergency Medical Responder (EMR), formerly MRT (Medical Response Technician), course is designed for anyone interested in learning more about the emergency response system and in being a first responder. The EMR is usually the first trained individual who arrives at the scene of an emergency.
The primary focus of an EMR is to initiate immediate lifesaving care to critical patients. As an EMR, you will possess the basic knowledge and skills necessary to provide lifesaving interventions while awaiting additional EMS response. You will also assist higher level providers on scene and during transport.
The cost includes: (click the register now button for current cost)
- Online digital access to Jones and Bartlett AAOS EMR 6th Edition
- Digital Copy of AAOS EMR 6th Edition text (paper text can be purchased for an additional fee)
- Access to lectures and online activities and assignments
- American Heart Association BLS CPR certification
- Blood Pressure cuff and stethoscope
- Access to National Testing preparation program
- Class Uniform shirt
Click Register Now to see available class dates and costs.