4 Week Initial EMT Course
Course Details Summary
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY – Be sure to review the entire page
- This is an instructor led course with online coursework and assignments. Homework, some lectures, and quizzes are online.
- Classes meet each Wednesdays from 2pm to 5pm, Thursdays from 8am to 5pm and Fridays from 8am to 5pm.
- The end date of the course will be 4 weeks from the start of class
- To complete this course, students must successfully complete all grading components, meet psychomotor competencies, and meet cognitive objectives.
- This fast paced course includes online assignments, as well as, instructor led in class instruction.
- See the list of required items
This 4-week initial EMT program is an extremely fast paced, entry level course of 160 hours that will prepare students for participation in pre-hospital patient care.
What our 4 week class consists of:
- Daily online lectures to complete
- Daily online chapter reading
- Daily online homework assignments
- Periodic Online quizzes
List of required items
- A portable computer for the first day of class and the final written exam. These are in class instructor led days.
- A computer outside of the classroom for online lectures and assignments
- An internet speed capable of streaming video content.
- Clinical Uniform that will consist of:
- Black Pants – Dickies (no jeans, no scrubs, no yoga pants)
- Polo type shirt – included in cost of class
- Solid Black non-permeable shoes
- Watch – digital type or has a second hand. (any watch that must be “woken up” is not acceptable)
- Small spiral bound notepad
Items included in the cost of our 4 Week class:
- Online digital access to Jones and Bartlett AAOS EMT 11th Edition
- Digital Copy of AAOS 11th edition EMT text (paper text can be purchased for an additional fee)
- Access to lectures and online activities and assignments
- American Heart Association BLS CPR certification
- Blood Pressure cuff and stethoscope
- Access to National Testing preparation program
- Clinical Uniform shirt
- 12 hours of mandatory Pre-Hospital clinical observation – Ambulance ride time coordinated by CPR Training Professionals
** We do not recommend individuals under the age of 18 take this course during the school year.
Payment Plan Option
Students can choose to make weekly payments for this EMT class.
The required non refundable down payment must be made to qualify. During the registration process students can choose the payment plan option to indicate their desire to make payments.
Payment plans are calculated by taking the balance after the non refundable down payment, adding the administrative fee, then dividing by the number of weeks of the EMT class (all accounts must be paid in full the week before the final exam of the course) ALL payments are due each Friday.
Balance Due + Fee = Total Due ÷ weeks of class = Weekly Payment
There is no penalty for paying the balance early.