This course is designed for those individuals who need flexibility outside of a classroom to complete lectures and assignments, towards becoming an EMT. Online EMT Classroom will prepare you to take the National Registry of EMTs written and practical examinations and become an EMT. Students will be required to complete daily and weekly assignments (based on what length of class you register for), and attend weekly instructor led psychomotor skills instruction needed to become an EMT.
What the Online EMT Classroom consists of:
- Access to online lectures for each required chapter
- Access to ancillary programs to aid in studying and creating a 3-dimensional learning environment
- Audio Book
- Flash Cards
- Digital Textbook
- Electronic homework assignments
- Electronic grade book
- Video based scenario simulations
- Forum to communicate with Staff and other students
Instructor led skill instruction will be held weekly:
4 Week Online EMT Classroom students must sign up and are required to attend 2 skill sessions weekly.
Skill Instruction for the 4 Week Online EMT Classroom must be 8 hours weekly. Students should be prepared to attend all 3 skill sessions in the week leading up to the final exam. Students must choose and sign up weekly for 2 sessions from the following weekly schedule:
Thursdays 6pm to 10pm
Fridays 8am to 12pm
Saturday 12pm to 4pm
Students will be required to be in class for the following milestones during their class. All dates for these milestones will be communicated on the first day of class:
- First Day/Evening of class
- 40 hours of Psychomotor Skill Instruction
- Final Written Exam
- Final Psychomotor skill Exam
Students will be required to have the following items to successfully complete Online EMT classroom:
- A portable computer for the first day of class and the final written exam. These are in class instructor led days.
- A computer outside of the classroom for online lectures and assignments
- An internet speed capable of streaming video content.
- Clinical Uniform that will consist of:
- Black Pants – Dickies (no jeans)
- Polo type shirt – included in cost of class
- Solid Black non-permeable shoes
- Watch – digital type or has a second hand. (any watch that must be “woken up” is not acceptable
- Small spiral bound notepad
What is included in the cost of Online EMT Classroom:
- Online digital access to Jones and Bartlett AAOS EMT 11th Edition
- Digital Copy of AAOS 11th edition EMT text (paper text can be purchased for an additional fee)
- Access to lectures and online activities and assignments
- American Heart Association BLS CPR certification
- Blood Pressure cuff and stethoscope
- Access to National Testing preparation program
- Clinical Uniform shirt
- 12 hours of mandatory Pre-Hospital clinical observation – Ambulance ride time coordinated by CPR Training Professionals
- Be a simulated victim in at least 1 National Registry Psychomotor (skills) exam
** For cost and upcoming dates of classes – click the register now button
The final step in the program is completion of the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) Psychomotor certification exam and National Registry Written exam. The examination fees are separate from the tuition and are paid at the time of scheduling the exam, at the convenience of the student.
You must be 16 years of age by the conclusion of the course to become certified as an EMT in the State of Connecticut, and 18 Years old to be a Nationally Registered EMT. Under 18 students can be certified as CT EMT’s and apply to be an NREMT at age 18.
Payment Plan Option
Students can choose to make weekly payment for this EMT class.
The required non refundable down payment must be made to qualify. During the registration process students can choose the payment plan option to indicate their desire to make payments.
Payments must be made weekly no later than Friday close of business. Payments are calculated by taking the balance due after the non refundable down payment and dividing by the number of weeks the class is. An administration fee of $10 will be charged for each payment. There is no penalty for paying the balance early.