Register today, start class as soon as you are ready!
The EMT on Demand courses are just that. Register for our On Demand Initial EMT course today and you can start your online course without having to wait! 6 Weeks later and a lot of hard work, you are done!
The start date for the On Demand courses are based on the student needs and availability.
Essential Information about this course:
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- Students must choose a date to start class within 7 days of registering for class, and start the EMT class within 14 days of registering.
- The end date of the course will be based on which course you have chosen as your On Demand class. 6 Week EMT On Demand will end approximately 6 weeks from the first day of class.
- To complete this course, students must successfully complete all grading components, meet psychomotor competencies, and meet cognitive objectives.
This 6-week initial EMT program is an extremely fast paced, entry level course of over 160 hours that will prepare students for participation in pre-hospital patient care. Online assignments, must be completed by defined due dates.
The following items must be completed on Day 1 at our facility, in order to successfully navigate this EMT Class. Please allow approximately 4 hours minimum to complete the first day:
- Registration and enrollment to the online course materials
- Instruction on use of the online course materials
- Information and enrollment for clinical observation with our associated ambulance services. Students must complete 12 hours to complete this course.
- Photo ID for student identification
- Blood Borne Pathogens course
- AHA BLS CPR must be completed within 7 days of starting class.
Students will have daily online course work to complete. Students will need a portable computer for the first day of class, but, we can make arrangements, if a computer is needed for the first day. The remaining assignments are done at home and an internet speed capable of video streaming is required.
Students must make arrangements to attend skill labs on a weekly basis. Students must come to our facility not less than 6 hours per week to complete psychomotor lab requirements and can be done in no less than 2 hour blocks, but, no more than 3 hour blocks. Arrangements for this will be made on the first day of the course.
EMT’s are the first line of treatment providing care that is critical to patient survival. The EMT course provides instruction in life support skills including assessment of patient condition, airway management, treatment of bleeding control, shock recognition, and more. The program is a combination of classroom instruction and clinical observation.
To become an EMT in the state of CT, you must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Complete and Pass a State Approved Initial EMT class.
- Complete and Pass the National Registry of EMT cognitive exam
- The final step in the program is completion of the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) certification exam. The examination fee of $120 is separate from the tuition and is paid at the time of the exam.
** We do not recommend individuals under the age of 18 take this course during the school year.
CPR Training Center
479 Buckland Road
South Windsor, CT 06074
The cost includes: (click the register now button for current cost)
- Online digital access to Jones and Bartlett AAOS EMT 11th Edition
- Digital Copy of AAOS 11th edition EMT text (paper text can be purchased for an additional fee)
- Access to lectures and online activities and assignments
- American Heart Association BLS CPR certification
- Blood Pressure cuff and stethoscope
- Access to National Testing preparation program
- Clinical Uniform shirt
- 12 hours of mandatory Pre-Hospital clinical observation – Ambulance ride time coordinated by CPR Training Professionals
Payment Plan Option
Students can choose to make weekly payments for this EMT class.
The required non refundable down payment must be made to qualify. During the registration process students can choose the payment plan option to indicate their desire to make payments.
Payments must be made weekly no later than Friday close of business.
Payment plans are based on the type of class registering for, and begins the second week of the course. The repayment plan for any 4 week class is 3 payments. The plan for 6 week classes is 4 payments, 12 plans are 10 payments, and 16 week classes are 14 payments. All balances must be paid in full by the plan end date, or the student may be suspended from classes. An administration fee will be charged for any payment plan, and varies according to class.
There is no penalty for paying the balance early.
Click Register Now to see available class dates and costs.