Emergency Medical Technician Online/Class Based Refresher 1 Day Course
This State of Connecticut approved EMT refresher course consists of 38 hours of online courses and 5 hours of in class review on a single day.
Typical in class day is as follows:
The classroom portion, students will report at 11am, which is when we collect completion certificates from registered students. At 12pm skill review stations will begin in accordance with state requirements. Once students complete the skill review stations the time is free until the written exam, typically at 3pm.
The online courses:
The 36 hours of online courses are issued by a 3rd party vendor and include approved, required topics. The vendor provides a nationally accredited program that has certain requirements in the way the online course is provided and taken.
These are the conditions you can expect from the online courses:
- Students can only complete 12 hours of courses in a single day
- Each section to complete has a mandatory minimum amount of time that must be taken in order to complete the specific section
- All courses must be completed in order to take the State written exam on the day in class.
- All students must submit proof of online course completion to take the written exam on the day of the classroom portion.
- Upon registration for this course, you will receive and email with access code and instructions to complete the online portion of the course.
This course includes:
- BLS CPR renewal
- State Proctored written exam, as well as the practical examination.
Online Course topics include:
- BSI/Infection Control
- Medical/Legal Issues
- Airway, Adjuncts and Oxygen
- Patient Assessment for Medical, Behavioral Emergencies
- Trauma, Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Infants and Children
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Cardiac emergencies
- Respiratory emergencies
This EMT refresher includes the renewal of BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR. This BLS course must be completed in class and the student will be contacted by our staff to determine if the BLS renewal is needed.
Please click register now to see upcoming class locations, dates, and cost
Click Register Now to see available class dates and costs.