Thursday Part Time Hybrid
Initial EMT Course
EMT’s are the first line of treatment providing care that is critical to patient survival. This EMT course provides instruction in life support skills including assessment of patient condition, airway management, treatment of bleeding control, shock recognition, and more. The program is a combination of classroom instruction, online course completion, skills practice labs, and clinical observation.
This Part Time Thursday Evening Initial EMT program is a hybrid class that has over 50 hours of online instruction and over 150 hours in classroom instruction that will prepare students for participation in pre-hospital patient care.
The structure of this class is as follows:
- Online assigned topics must be completed by Midnight each Tuesday (holidays are an exception)
- In class instruction is on Thursdays from 6pm to 10pm.
- Skills practice labs will be on Saturdays, every other week.
- This class meets on Thursdays at 6pm and every other Saturday from 8am to 4pm only
- NO CLASSES on Tuesdays.
There are approximately 20 topics that are required to be completed online as part of the online component.
Students will have significant online course work to complete, so, some type of portable computer is needed to complete this class.
The final step in the program is completion of the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) certification exam. The examination fee of $130 is separate from the tuition and is paid at the time of the exam.
You must be 16 years of age by the conclusion of the course to become certified as an EMT in the State of Connecticut.
CPR Training Center
479 Buckland Road
South Windsor, CT 06074
The cost of our class includes:
- Classroom Instruction
- Clinical Uniform shirt
- Online Access to required courses
- Electronic Textbook ( Paper Text book Additional Fee)
- AHA CPR Certificatoin
- Blood Pressure cuff and Stethoscope
- Pre-Hospital clinical observation
Space is limited and seats will be assigned on a first come, first serve basis.