This class is completed online entirely at Home
Payment Plan is available for this course
This 16-week initial EMT program is an at home online course that requires a computer with internet speeds capable of live video streaming lasting between 2 and 4 hours. Skills for this class are taught remotely using an online conferencing provider. Orientation invitation is sent after registration is received.
Course Details Summary
Here is how EMT at Home Works
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY – Be sure to review the entire page
- When you register for this class you must choose how quickly you want your skill labs to be completed. Choose your registration type to enroll.
- Once you register, you will receive an email inviting you to our online orientation. Orientations are on Mondays at 2pm, Wednesday and Fridays at 10am.
- Once you complete the orientation, you have started your class and assignments will be due from that point.
- Students will have daily assignments due each week.
- The box of materials for Skill labs will be shipped to you prior to labs beginning. Please follow the instructions in the box.
- You will take your final practical exam at our Training Center. You will return the box of supplies with you at that time.
Skill Labs are completed remotely with our staff
A skill lab box will be sent to the student that will contain all the needed equipment for learning labs remotely. Skill Labs require a total of 28 hours of instruction, with 4 hours per week. Labs are in 4 hour blocks and students may not complete more than 4 hours per day.
You will choose one of these options at registration:
Individualized Instruction: This is 1 on 1 personalized instruction.
Labs with 2 or less students This option has no more than 2 students during remote instruction.
Labs with 3 or less students: This option has no more than 3 students during remote instruction.
** Course costs include shipping and handling of all equipment being sent to the student.
Our online orientation requires the ability to live stream with our moderator, either by webcam with microphone, or call in by phone with video access.
Here is what is covered during Orientation:
- Student forms ( should be completed prior to orientation meeting)
- Review grading and student expectations
- Enroll in the online course
- Review syllabus and milestones
- Review course requirements, NIMS, Communications etc.
- Review the functionality of the program
- Students will be taught how to coordinate timing for skill labs.
List of required items:
- A computer for online lectures and assignments
- An internet speed capable of streaming video content.
- Watch – digital type or has a second hand. (any watch that must be “woken up” is not acceptable)
- Small spiral bound notepad
The cost of our class includes:
- Online digital access to Jones and Bartlett AAOS EMT 11th Edition
- Digital Copy of AAOS 11th edition EMT text (paper text can be purchased for an additional fee)
- Access to lectures and online activities and assignments
- American Heart Association BLS CPR certification
- American Heart Association Blood Borne Pathogens certification
- Blood Pressure cuff and stethoscope
- Access to National Testing preparation program
Payment Plan Option
Students can choose to make weekly payments for this EMT class.
The required non refundable down payment and payment plan fee, must be made to qualify. During the registration process students can choose the payment plan option to indicate their desire to make payments.
Payment plans are calculated by taking the balance after the non refundable down payment and fee payment, then dividing by the number of weeks of the EMT class (all accounts must be paid in full the week before the final exam of the course) ALL payments are due no later than every Friday.
Weekly Payment= Balance Due ÷ weeks of class
There is no penalty for paying the balance early.
How to become an EMT in CT
- Complete and Pass a State Approved Initial EMT class.
- Complete and Pass the National Registry EMT cognitive exam.
- Complete and Pass the National Registry/State Pscyhomotor exam.
- These National Tests are completed after the EMT class is passed and have separate fees.