Register Today, Start Class as soon as you are ready!
Course Details Summary
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY – Be sure to review the entire page
- This is an online course.
- Students are required to attend skill labs twice weekly at our facility in South Windsor ( 2- separate four hour labs)
- We encourage students to begin their class within 7 days of registering.
- The end date of the course will be 4 weeks from the first day of class.
- To complete this course, students must successfully complete all grading components, meet psychomotor competencies, and meet cognitive objectives.
- See the list of required items for the first day below.
This 4-week initial EMT program is an extremely fast paced, entry level course of over 160 hours that will prepare students for participation in pre-hospital patient care. Online assignments, must be completed by defined due dates.
The following items must be completed on Day 1 at our facility, in order to successfully navigate this EMT Class. Please allow approximately 4-6 hours minimum to complete the first day:
- Registration and enrollment to the online course materials
- Instruction on the use of the online course materials
- Information and enrollment for clinical observation with our associated ambulance services. Students must complete 12 hours to complete this course.
- Photo ID for student identification
- Blood Borne Pathogens course
- AHA BLS CPR must be completed within 7 days of starting class.
Students must make arrangements to attend skill labs on a weekly basis. Students must come to our facility not less than 8 hours per week to complete psychomotor lab requirements and can be done in 4 hour blocks. Arrangements for this will be made on the first day of the course.
To become an EMT in the state of CT, you must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Complete and Pass a State Approved Initial EMT class.
- Complete and Pass the National Registry of EMT cognitive exam
- The final step in the program is completion of the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) certification exam. The examination fee of $120 is separate from the tuition and is paid at the time of the exam.
List of required items:
- A portable computer for the first day of class and the final written exam. These are in class instructor led days.
- A computer outside of the classroom for online lectures and assignments
- An internet speed capable of streaming video content.
- Clinical Uniform that will consist of:
- Black Pants – Dickies (no jeans, no scrubs, no yoga pants)
- Polo type shirt – included in cost of class
- Solid Black non-permeable shoes
- Watch – digital type or has a second hand. (any watch that must be “woken up” is not acceptable)
- Small spiral bound notepad
** We do not recommend individuals under the age of 18 take this course during the school year.
The cost includes: (click the register now button for current cost)
- Online digital access to Jones and Bartlett AAOS EMT 11th Edition
- Digital Copy of AAOS 11th edition EMT text (paper text can be purchased for an additional fee)
- Access to lectures and online activities and assignments
- American Heart Association BLS CPR certification
- Blood Pressure cuff and stethoscope
- Access to National Testing preparation program
- Clinical Uniform shirt
- 12 hours of mandatory Pre-Hospital clinical observation – Ambulance ride time coordinated by CPR Training Professionals
Payment Plan Option
Students can choose to make weekly payments for this EMT class.
The required non refundable down payment must be made to qualify. During the registration process students can choose the payment plan option to indicate their desire to make payments.
Payment plans are calculated by taking the balance after the non refundable down payment, adding the administrative fee, then dividing by the number of weeks of the EMT class (all accounts must be paid in full the week before the final exam of the course) ALL payments are due each Friday.
Balance Due + Fee = Total Due ÷ weeks of class = Weekly Payment
There is no penalty for paying the balance early.