Register Today, Start Class as soon as you are ready!
Payment Plan is available for this course
This 24 week initial EMT program is an entry level course of over 200 hours that will prepare students for participation in pre-hospital patient care. Online assignments, must be completed by defined due dates.
This course is a much slower pace and students should expect to complete 1-2 assignments per week and attend 4 hour skill labs twice monthly.
Course Details Summary
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY – Be sure to review the entire page
- This is an online course, with in person skill lab instruction
- Students will be required to complete weekly assignments
- We will email each student an invitation to our online, remote, orientation once we receive the registration.
- Students are required to complete skill labs of 8 hours monthly to a total of 36 hours for the course.
SKILL LABS are available with the following schedule:
Labs are in 4 hour blocks and students may not complete more than 4 hours per day.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
8am to 12pm
1pm to 5pm
6pm to 10pm
Our skill labs are groups of not more than 5 students for each of the times noted above.
The following items will be completed during our online, remote orientation, please allow 2 hours for orientation:
Our online orientation requires the ability to live stream with our moderator either by webcam with microphone, or call in by phone with video access.
- Student forms ( should be completed prior to orientation meeting)
- Review grading and student expectations
- Enroll in the online course
- Review syllabus and milestones
- Review course requirements, NIMS, Communications etc.
- Review the functionality of the program
- Students will be taught how to sign up for skill labs.
- Students must come to our facility not less than 4 hours per week to complete psychomotor lab requirements.
List of required items:
- A computer for online lectures and assignments
- An internet speed capable of streaming video content.
- Clinical Uniform that will consist of: Black Pants – Dickies (no jeans, no scrubs, no yoga pants)
- Polo type shirt – included in cost of class
- Solid Black non-permeable shoes
- Watch – digital type or has a second hand. (any watch that must be “woken up” is not acceptable)
- Small spiral bound notepad
How to become an EMT in CT
- Complete and Pass a State Approved Initial EMT class.
- Complete and Pass the National Registry EMT cognitive exam.
- Complete and Pass the National Registry/State Pscyhomotor exam.
- These National Tests are completed after the EMT class is passed and have separate fees.
Payment Plan Option
Students can choose to make weekly payments for this EMT class.
The required non refundable down payment and payment plan fee, must be made to qualify. During the registration process students can choose the payment plan option to indicate their desire to make payments.
Payment plans are calculated by taking the balance after the non refundable down payment and fee payment, then dividing by the number of weeks of the EMT class (all accounts must be paid in full the week before the final exam of the course) ALL payments are due no later than every Friday.
Weekly Payment= Balance Due ÷ weeks of class
There is no penalty for paying the balance early.
The Cost of our class includes:
- Online digital access to Jones and Bartlett AAOS EMT 11th Edition
- Digital Copy of AAOS 11th edition EMT text (paper text can be purchased for an additional fee)
- Access to lectures and online activities and assignments
- American Heart Association BLS CPR certification
- American Heart Association Blood Borne Pathogens certification
- Blood Pressure cuff and stethoscope
- Access to National Testing preparation program
- Clinical Uniform shirt
- 12 hours of mandatory Pre-Hospital clinical observation – Ambulance ride time coordinated by CPR Training Professionals