Become an EMT by Zoom! EMT Classroom with our instructors live online. You can choose from 2 options how to complete your skill lab requirements, which are outlined below. This 6-week Zoom! EMT program is an extremely fast paced, course that requires a computer with internet speeds capable of live video streaming lasting 4 hours This 6 week class will meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6pm to 9pm. Click the register now button for details on the upcoming classes.
Pay Plan is available for this course with a 50% non-refundable downpayment and payment plan fee- See Below
Clinical Observation Requirement for students
IF YOU ARE AN OUT OF STATE STUDENT, BE SURE TO CHECK THE REGULATIONS FOR YOUR STATE REGARDING BECOMING AN EMT AND IF ONLINE CLASSES ARE ACCEPTED! CPR TRAINING PROFESSIONALS DOES NOT OFFER REFUNDS OR CREDITS FOR ANY STATE THAT DOES NOT ACCEPT ONLINE CLASSES.
Course Details Summary
Here is how Zoom! EMT works:
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY – Be sure to review the entire page
- Once you register, you will receive an email with forms that must be completed, then inviting you to our online orientation. Orientation must be completed prior to the first day of class. Orientations are on Thursdays at 9am or Fridays at 1pm ( all subject to change) — Our online orientation requires the ability to live stream with our moderator, either by webcam with microphone, or call in by phone with video access.
- Once you complete the orientation, you will be in a holding pattern until your class start date.
- Students will be given a Zoom link for classroom meetings and are expected to attend the classes as outlined with the class that they registered for.
- Students will have assignments due each week.
- During registration you will choose the option of how you wish to complete your skill labs. Skill labs will be determined by the length of class chosen.
- In Classroom labs: requires students to attend labs in our training center in South Windsor
- At Home Labs: students can complete labs via remote access with an instructor. This requires an extra fee for the materials being loaned to the student, and a shipping fee may apply.
- You will take your final practical and written exam at our Training Center on the date determined by the syllabus for your class.
Here is what is covered during Orientation:
- Student forms ( should be completed prior to orientation meeting)
- Review grading and student expectations
- Enroll in the online course
- Review syllabus and milestones
- Review course requirements, NIMS, Communications etc.
- Review the functionality of the program
- Students will be taught how to coordinate timing for skill labs.
List of required items:
- A computer for online lectures and assignments
- An internet speed capable of streaming video content.
- Watch – digital type or has a second hand. (any watch that must be “woken up” is not acceptable)
- Small spiral bound notepad
The cost of our class includes:
- Online digital access to Jones and Bartlett AAOS EMT 11th Edition
- Digital Copy of AAOS 11th edition EMT text (paper text can be purchased for an additional fee)
- Access to lectures and online activities and assignments
- American Heart Association BLS CPR certification
- American Heart Association Blood Borne Pathogens certification
- Blood Pressure cuff and stethoscope
- Access to National Testing preparation program
Payment Plan Option
Students can choose to make weekly payments for this EMT class.
The required non refundable down payment must be made to qualify. During the registration process students can choose the payment plan option to indicate their desire to make payments.
Payment plans are calculated by taking the balance after the non refundable down payment, adding the administrative fee, then dividing by the number of weeks of the EMT class (all accounts must be paid in full the week before the final exam of the course) ALL payments are due each Friday.
Balance Due + Fee = Total Due ÷ weeks of class = Weekly Payment
There is no penalty for paying the balance early.
How to become an EMT in CT
- Complete and Pass a State Approved Initial EMT class.
- Complete and Pass the National Registry EMT cognitive exam.
- Complete and Pass the National Registry/State Pscyhomotor exam.
- These National Tests are completed after the EMT class is passed and have separate fees.
** We do not recommend individuals under the age of 18 take this course during the school year.