Here is how EMT/EMR at Home works
At Home EMT and EMR classes do not have specific class start dates. You will begin your class when you complete the online remote orientation. Here are the details:
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY – Be sure to review the entire page
- After you register for a class you will receive an email inviting you to our online orientation. Orientations are on Tuesdays at 2pm and Thursdays at 9am
- Once you complete the orientation, you have started your class and assignments will have due dates starting from that point.
- Students will have daily assignments due each week.
- During registration you will choose the option to have your lab materials shipped, or pick them up in our office in South Windsor, CT. We will arrange for you to have your materials prior to your first skill lab you schedule.
- You will take your final written and final practical exam at our Training Center. You will bring the box of supplies with you at that time.
Skill Labs are completed remotely with our staff
A skill lab box will be loaned to the student that will contain all the needed equipment for learning labs remotely. Skill Labs require a total of 28 hours of instruction for EMT and 24 hours for EMR, with 4 or 8 hours per week, depending on which class you take. Click on a class below for details. . Labs are in 4 hour blocks and students may not complete more than 4 hours per day.