10 Week EMR to Initial EMT Bridge
Register Today, Start Class as soon as you are ready!
Course Details Summary
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY – Be sure to review the entire page
- This is an online course.
- Students are required to attend one 4 hour skill lab weekly at our facility in South Windsor
- We encourage students to begin their class within 7 days of registering.
- The end date of the course will be 10 weeks from the first day of class.
- To complete this course, students must successfully complete all grading components, meet psychomotor competencies, and meet cognitive objectives.
- See the list of required items below
This EMR to EMT Bridge Program is an entry level course of 90+ hours that will prepare students for participation in pre-hospital patient care.
This is a State of Connecticut approved bridge course that trains an Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) to become an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT). Students enrolling in this course will be required to provide proof of a valid EMR certification.
The following items must be completed on Day 1 at our facility, in order to successfully navigate this EMT Class. Please allow approximately 4 hours minimum to complete the first day:
- Registration and enrollment to the online course materials
- Instruction on use of the online course materials
- Blood Borne Pathogens course
- AHA BLS CPR
Students will have daily online course work to complete. Students will need a portable computer for the first day of class, but, we can make arrangements, if a computer is needed for the first day. The remaining assignments are done at home and an internet speed capable of video streaming is required.
Students must make arrangements to attend skill labs on a weekly basis. Students must come to our facility not less than 3 hours per week to complete psychomotor lab requirements. Arrangements for this will be made on the first day of the course.
List of required items:
- A portable computer for the first day of class and the final written exam. These are in class instructor led days.
- A computer outside of the classroom for online lectures and assignments
- An internet speed capable of streaming video content.
- Clinical Uniform that will consist of:
- Black Pants – Dickies (no jeans, no scrubs, no yoga pants)
- Polo type shirt – included in cost of class
- Solid Black non-permeable shoes
- Watch – digital type or has a second hand. (any watch that must be “woken up” is not acceptable)
- Small spiral bound notepad
The cost includes:
- Online digital access to Jones and Bartlett AAOS EMR 6th Edition
- Digital Copy of AAOS EMR 6th Edition text (paper text can be purchased for an additional fee)
- Access to lectures and online activities and assignments
- American Heart Association BLS CPR certification
- Blood Pressure cuff and stethoscope
- Access to National Testing preparation program
- Class Uniform shirt
Payment Plan Option
Students can choose to make weekly payments for this EMT class.
The required non refundable down payment must be made to qualify. During the registration process students can choose the payment plan option to indicate their desire to make payments.
Payment plans are calculated by taking the balance after the non refundable down payment, adding the administrative fee, then dividing by the number of weeks of the EMT class (all accounts must be paid in full the week before the final exam of the course) ALL payments are due each Friday.
Balance Due + Fee = Total Due ÷ weeks of class = Weekly Payment
There is no penalty for paying the balance early.
Click Register Now to see available class dates and costs.