Register Today, Start Class as soon as you are ready!
Clinical Observation Requirement for students registering after July 1, 2022.
- Please click and review our clinical requirements: https://ctemsclasses.com/emt-clinical-observation-requirement/
This EMR to EMT Bridge Program is an entry level course of 90+ hours that will prepare students for participation in pre-hospital patient care. This is a State of Connecticut approved bridge course that trains an Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) to become an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT). Students enrolling in this course will be required to provide proof of a valid EMR certification. This is an 8 week long course.
Course Details Summary
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY – Be sure to review the entire page
- This is an online course, with in person skill lab instruction
- Students will be required to complete weekly assignments
- We will email each student an invitation to our online, remote, orientation once we receive the registration.
- Students are required to complete skill labs of 4 hours weekly to a total of 28 hours for the course.
All students are required complete no less than 28 hours of hands on skill instruction. We have skill labs available daily at varying times during the day, with some exceptions. Students are responsible for registering for their labs after they complete orientation. Students must complete 1 four hour lab per week beginning in the second week.
The times of our daily labs are as follows:
8am to 12pm
1pm to 5pm
6pm to 10pm
The following items will be completed during our online, remote orientation, please allow 2 hours for orientation:
Our online orientation requires the ability to live stream with our moderator either by webcam with microphone, or call in by phone with video access.
- Student forms ( should be completed prior to orientation meeting)
- Review grading and student expectations
- Enroll in the online course
- Review syllabus and milestones
- Review course requirements, NIMS, Communications etc.
- Review the functionality of the program
- Students will be taught how to sign up for skill labs.
- Students must come to our facility not less than 4 hours per week to complete psychomotor lab requirements.
List of required items:
- A computer for online lectures and assignments
- An internet speed capable of streaming video content.
- Clinical Uniform that will consist of: Black Pants – Dickies (no jeans, no scrubs, no yoga pants)
- Polo type shirt – included in cost of class
- Solid Black non-permeable shoes
- Watch – digital type or has a second hand. (any watch that must be “woken up” is not acceptable)
- Small spiral bound notepad
The cost of our class includes:
- Online digital access to Jones and Bartlett AAOS EMT 11th Edition
- Digital Copy of AAOS 11th edition EMT text (paper text can be purchased for an additional fee)
- Access to lectures and online activities and assignments
- American Heart Association BLS CPR certification
- American Heart Association Blood Borne Pathogens certification
- Blood Pressure cuff and stethoscope
- Access to National Testing preparation program
- Clinical Uniform shirt
- 12 hours of mandatory Pre-Hospital clinical observation – Ambulance ride time coordinated by CPR Training Professionals