12 Week Online EMT Classroom
Course Details Summary
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY – Be sure to review the entire page
- This is an online course.
- Students are required to attend one 4 hour skill lab weekly at our facility in South Windsor
- There will be weekly assignments to complete
- To complete this course, students must successfully complete all grading components, meet psychomotor competencies, and meet cognitive objectives.
- See the list of required items below.
This 12-week initial EMT program is an entry level course of over 160 hours that will prepare students for participation in pre-hospital patient care. Online assignments, must be completed by defined due dates.
What our online classes consist of:
- Online lectures to complete
- Online chapter reading
- Online homework assignments
- Periodic Online quizzes
Required Weekly Skill Labs
12 Week Online students must sign up for and are required to attend 2- Four hour skill sessions weekly from the following weekly schedule after the first day of class:
Thursdays 6pm to 10pm
Fridays 8am to 12pm
Saturday 12pm to 4pm
Sunday 9am to 1pm
Students will be required to be in class for the following milestones during their class. All dates for these milestones will be communicated on the first day of class:
- First Day/Evening of class – Full 8 hour day
- A total of 40 hours of weekly Psychomotor Skill Instruction
- Final Written Exam
- Final Psychomotor skill Exam
List of required items:
- A portable computer for the first day of class and the final written exam. These are in class instructor led days.
- A computer outside of the classroom for online lectures and assignments
- An internet speed capable of streaming video content.
- Clinical Uniform that will consist of:
- Black Pants – Dickies (no jeans, no scrubs, no yoga pants)
- Polo type shirt – included in cost of class
- Solid Black non-permeable shoes
- Watch – digital type or has a second hand. (any watch that must be “woken up” is not acceptable)
- Small spiral bound notepad
What is included in the cost of our 12 Week Online Class
- Online digital access to Jones and Bartlett AAOS EMT 11th Edition
- Digital Copy of AAOS 11th edition EMT text (paper text can be purchased for an additional fee)
- Access to lectures and online activities and assignments
- American Heart Association BLS CPR certification
- Blood Pressure cuff and stethoscope
- Access to National Testing preparation program
- Clinical Uniform shirt
- 24 hours of mandatory Pre-Hospital clinical observation – Ambulance ride time coordinated by CPR Training Professionals
- Be a simulated victim in at least 1 National Registry Psychomotor (skills) exam
You must be 16 years of age by the conclusion of the course to become certified as an EMT in the State of Connecticut.
Payment Plan Option
Students can choose to make weekly payments for this EMT class.
The required non refundable down payment must be made to qualify. During the registration process students can choose the payment plan option to indicate their desire to make payments.
Payment plans are calculated by taking the balance after the non refundable down payment, adding the administrative fee, then dividing by the number of weeks of the EMT class (all accounts must be paid in full the week before the final exam of the course) ALL payments are due each Friday.
Balance Due + Fee = Total Due ÷ weeks of class = Weekly Payment
There is no penalty for paying the balance early.