Tuesday/Thursday Part Time Blended Learning
Initial EMT Course
** See the bottom of the page for Payment Plan option**
EMT’s are the first line of treatment providing care that is critical to patient survival. This EMT course provides instruction in life support skills including assessment of patient condition, airway management, treatment of bleeding control, shock recognition, and more. The program is a combination of classroom instruction, online course completion, skills practice labs, and clinical observation.
This Part Time Thursday Evening Initial EMT program is a hybrid class that has over 50 hours of online instruction and over 150 hours in classroom instruction that will prepare students for participation in pre-hospital patient care.
The structure of this class is as follows:
- Online assigned topics must be completed by dates identified on the classroom syllabus
- In class instruction is on Thursdays from 6pm to 10pm.
- Skills practice labs will be on Saturdays, every other week.
- NO CLASSES on Tuesdays.
There are approximately 20 topics that are required to be completed online as part of the online component.
Students will have significant online course work to complete, so, some type of portable computer is needed to complete this class.
The final step in the program is completion of the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) certification exam. The examination fee of $130 is separate from the tuition and is paid at the time of the exam.
You must be 16 years of age by the conclusion of the course to become certified as an EMT in the State of Connecticut.
CPR Training Center
479 Buckland Road
South Windsor, CT 06074
The cost of our class includes:
- Online digital access to Jones and Bartlett AAOS EMT 11th Edition
- Digital Copy of AAOS 11th edition EMT text (paper text can be purchased for an additional fee)
- Access to lectures and online activities and assignments
- American Heart Association BLS CPR certification
- Blood Pressure cuff and stethoscope
- Access to National Testing preparation program
- Clinical Uniform shirt
- 24 hours of mandatory Pre-Hospital clinical observation – Ambulance ride time coordinated by CPR Training Professionals
- Be a simulated victim in at least 1 National Registry Psychomotor (skills) exam
Space is limited and seats will be assigned on a first come, first serve basis.
Payment Plan Option
Students can choose to make weekly payments for this EMT class.
The required non refundable down payment must be made to qualify. During the registration process students can choose the payment plan option to indicate their desire to make payments.
Payments must be made weekly no later than Friday close of business.
The repayment option for all part time classes is over 6 weeks beginning the week after the first class. The repayment option for any 4 week class is 3 payments beginning the week after the first class. All balances must be paid in full by the plan end date, or the student may be suspended from classes. An administration fee will be charged for all part time classes and for all 4 week classes.
There is no penalty for paying the balance early.